- Doing research on the board requirements.
- There can be lots of different uses of the serial expansion board and I don't feel this board should be rigid in any way.
- DMX has a lot of variety. There are different standards, I'm finding DMX 512 to be the most popular on internet and even that uses many variants of XLR connectors.
- I'm thinking of a modular setup with a base board having the VHDCI connector and 6 UART port headers spaced apart appropriately and a family of pluggable modules that connect to these headers and convert UART to interfaces like RS232, RS4xx, DMX 512 (uses XLR connector), GPIO header etc.
- This looks more efficient in many ways - User can keep the same base board and keep plugging-in different modules depending on requirements.